Arts thru tech
- Arts participation through media appears to encourage — rather than replace — live arts attendance.
- Education shows the strongest relationship with arts participation through electronic media.
- A sizeable group of Americans — particularly racial/ethnic minorities and older adults — participate in benchmark art forms solely through electronic media.
- The rate of arts participation through electronic media for different racial/ethnic groups depends on the art form.
- Given the relatively high rate of young adults who engage in literature through media, the overall rate of literary participation via media may increase markedly in the future.
Audience 2.0: How Technology Influences Arts Participation, June 2010
Report (pdf, 146pp/2.72MB)